Victorinox occasionally produces a special series of knives.
Series can be generally available, or may be in collaboration with a specific reseller and/or may only be sold through a specific reseller or distributor. Many series have limited geographical distribution, and may be sold in a single or a limited number of markets. The quantity produced for a series is always significantly less than for a standard model. Series knives might be targeted specifically at collectors, or be luxury priced items featuring special materials, scale and/or blade art.
The special attributes of a series, and their limited production quantities, generally make them more collectible, and they can often be hard to locate after the series has been sold out.
Series normally contain several knives, that may be purchased together in a set, or individually
There are several different types of Special Editions many of which are also Limited (in number). The size of their issue can very from a handful to several thousand knives. This list concentrates on the smaller issues, and those that might have some other unique or interesting properties of note.
The larger issues are often noted as variations on the detail page for a particular model.
Special Editions are usually one knife only.Sometimes knives produced are a 'Special Edition ' in a 'Series ' and 'Limited ' !! For instance the Damascus Series!!
- 125th Anniversary - Jubilee Series, 2009
- 201x Annual Alox Pioneer, Cadet and Classic Editions
- Atlanta Olympic Series
- Blades of Africa
- Cadet 5 Colours - 2012
- Canada Series 1
- Canada Wildlife Series
- Chinese Zodiac Series - 58mm
- Chinese Zodiac Series - 91mm
- Christmas Series
- Classic SD Limited Edition Annual Series
- City / Tourist / Piece of Switzerland Series
- Collections Boxed Sets - for the Classic and Ambassador
- Damascus Limited Editions
- Deluxe Series
- Horseshoe Nail Knife - 2010
- Kantonsmesser Series
- Lifestyle Tools
- Mammoth Ivory Executive - Limited Edition 2012
- Military Collector's Set 2010
- Mountain Series - The Matterhorn, McKinley and Rainier were all serrated blade versions of regular models
- Officer's Knife 100th Anniversary Special Edition
- National Flag Classic Series
- Nespresso Series
- Place to be Series
- Road Tour Series - 2010
- Russian Series
- Ski Classics Series
- SOSAK Annual Knife Series
- Sterling Silver Classic SD Series
- Swiss Alliances and Battle Series, 1983-1991
- Tiffany's Sterling Series
- Ukraine Series
- Urban Chameleon Series
- VSAKCS - Anniversary Knife Series
- Wildlife Series - SMKW
- Zodiac Series - 58mm
- Zodiac Passion Series - 58mm