From time to time Victorinox produces a special series of Swiss Army Knives.
Series can be generally available, or may be in collaboration with a specific reseller, and/or may only be sold through a specific reseller or distributor. Many series have limited geographical distribution, and may be sold in a single or a limited number of markets. The quantity produced for a series is always significantly less than for a standard model. Series are often targeted specifically at collectors, or are luxury priced items featuring special materials, scale and/or blade art.
The special attributes of a series and their limited production quantities make them more collectible, and they can often be hard to locate after the series has been sold out.
Series normally contain several models, that may be purchased together in a set, or individually.
There are several different types of Special Editions many of which are also Limited (in number). The size of their issue can vary from a handful to several thousand pieces. This list concentrates on the smaller issues, and those that might have some other unique or interesting properties of note. Special Editions are usually a single knife only. The larger issues are often noted as variations on the detail page for a particular model.
Up to 2015 Victorinox produced several limited Alox special editions for collectors; typically Pioneers, Farmers or Cadets. This practice ceased and was replaced by the Annnual Alox Limited editions (see below).
Sometimes models produced are a 'Special Edition ' in a 'Series ' and 'Limited ' - For instance the Damascus Series.
This document from 2011 was published by Victorinox on the Yumpu site and details many of the collector's and special editions.
- 100th Anniversary - Jubilee Series, 1984
- 125th Anniversary - Jubilee Series, 2009
- 20xx Annual Alox 'Limited' Editions
- Alox Collectors' Limited Special Editions - See Pioneer, Farmer and Cadet pages
- Atlanta Olympic Series
- Black Ice Limited Edition, 2013
- Black Revival Special Edition
- Blades of Africa
- Cadet Five Colours, 2012
- Canada Series I
- Canada Wildlife Series
- Chinese Zodiac Series - 58mm
- Chinese Zodiac Series - 91mm
- Christmas Series
- Classic SD Limited Edition Annual Series
- City / Tourist / Piece of Switzerland Series
- Collections Boxed Sets - for the Classic and Ambassador
- Damascus Limited Editions
- Deluxe Series
- Horseshoe Nail Knife, 2010
- Jetsetter Family
- Kantonsmesser Series
- Lifestyle Tools
- Mammoth Ivory Executive - Limited Edition, 2012
- Military Collector's Set, 2010
- Mountain Series - The Matterhorn, McKinley and Rainier were all serrated blade versions of regular models
- Nautical Alox Models - featuring various blue scales and the marlinspike
- Officer's Knife 100th Anniversary Special Edition, 1997
- National Flag Classic Series
- Nespresso Series, 2016-2019
- Place to be Series
- Road Tour Series, 2010
- Russian Series
- SAK Enthusiasts Special Editions
- Ski Classics Series
- SOSAK Annual Knife Series
- Sterling Silver Classic SD Series
- Swiss Alliances and Battle Series, 1983-1991
- Swiss Spirit Special Edition
- Tiffany's Sterling Series
- Ukraine Series
- Urban Chameleon Series
- VSAKCS - Anniversary Knife Series
- Wildlife Series - SMKW
- Zodiac Series - 58mm
- Zodiac Passion Series - 58mm